Marmelade Cookies with marzipan crown
250 g flour
150 g butter
65 g sugar
pinch of salt
300 g marzipan
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
200 g any sort of Marmelade (depends on how much Marmelade you wish to have on your Cookies)
- Prepare baking sheets. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl knead together the flour, butter, sugar, salt and the egg. Roll dough out and cut out hearts or any other shape you like and put them on your baking sheets.
- For the Marzipan crown cut marzipan into small chunks. Now mix the egg until they are turning white and then add the sugar and marzipan. Cream until very smooth.
- Now fill the marzipan mix into an icing bag and decorate your Cookies.
- Bake the Cookies for about 13 to 15 minutes (depends on your oven!)
- Let your Cookies cool on a wire rack. Now heat the marmelade and spread it in the middle of your cookies.
So, time to hug your mum!