Eclairs with a Nutella mascarpone swirl
500 g mascarpone
400 ml heavy cream
250 ml yogurt
3-4 tbsp. white sugar
2 tbsp. Triple sec
2-3 tbsp. Nutella or nougat
8 caramel candy
5 tbsp. heavy cream
150 g chocolate
- In a heavy and wide saucepan, stir together the water, butter and salt and let it boil while stiring it the whole time. Remove from heat and add the sifted flour with wooden spoon until no flour can be seen anymore and it turns into a white clump.
- Now add add the eggs one after another until fully incorporated and the mixture is a clump again.
- Preheat oven to 220°C and prepare baking sheets. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag. Now pipe dough into 8-10 cm lengths (as you prefer).
- Bake for 20 minutes (depends on your oven!). Then remove from oven and tranfer them to a wire rack. Now, when they are still hot, cut into two halves.
- Prepare the filling: In a bowl beat heavy cream until nearly stiff. In another bowl mix macarpone, yogurt, sugar and triple sec, in the end add the heavy cream. Melt the nougat/Nutella and add the swirl with a fork (like you can see on the picture above).
- For the decoration melt chocolate in a saucepan and in another saucepan melt caramel candy and heavy cream. Take the tops of the eclairs and decorate either with chocolate or caramel or both.
- Transfer the filling to a pastry bag. Pipe on the bottoms of the eclaires and put the tops onto it.
Have fun baking!